Sunday, January 11, 2015

Port Burwell

Last night I got out all my coldest weather wear...long johns, two pairs of wool socks, snow pants, wool sweater, down jacket, snowmobile mitt/glove combo, hot packs for mitts.  Saturday's high was -10.  Up before dawn on Sunday and the temperature was -4.  What to do?  I put on all the stuff.  I was headed to Lake Erie where in the past week, winds out of the south had been driving sand so hard that visitors just stayed in their cars.  This morning was supposed to be sunny.  Well Mother Nature thought that I needed an overcast morning in which to shoot.  The winds were pretty strong but no sand was blowing nor water as the lake was frozen for as far as I could see.

Now grey skies present problems for photographers.  "When shooting in cloudy conditions, compose your image to limit the sky to a minimum."  Well I thought that the speckled sky gave me just enough contrast and a little bit of blue to break that rule.






No comments:

Post a Comment